The Terra Foundation offers a wide range of grant and fellowship opportunities for both emerging and established scholars, including academic awards, residencies, travel grants, and visiting professorships, among others. Undertaken collaboratively with our diverse network of institutional partners, these academic opportunities enrich and expand worldwide scholarly engagement by:
- Bringing together international scholars from diverse academic backgrounds and geographies,
- Inspiring a robust cross-cultural and interdisciplinary dialogue that explores American art in a global context, and
- Disseminating scholarly resources worldwide.
Terra Foundation academic awards, fellowships, and grants help scholars in the field of American art realize their academic and professional goals and support the worldwide study and presentation of the historical art of the United States. Some examples of these opportunities are:
- Research Travel Grants to the United States
- International Research Travel Grants for US-based Scholars
- Fellowships at the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Academic Workshop & Symposium Grants
For a complete listing of Terra Foundation academic awards, fellowships, and grant opportunities, please visit: www.terraamericanart.org/academic-awards. You can apply for each individually at the same website.