On behalf of the educational program of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the NASA organizes a two day seminar on current affairs in a historical/cultural framework.
The two-day seminar is scheduled for June 30 and July 1, 2016 also at the ministry in Den Haag.
The topics are:
1. Netherlands and U.S. bilateral relations
2. Geopolitical implications trade agenda (TTIP, TPP, CETA)
3. Shifts in U.S. and Canadian energy and climate change policies
4. Transnational organizations and civil society as platform for transatlantic relations
5. Rhetoric of Freedom in American Foreign Policy (Democracy, American Dream)
6. U.S. and recent changes in relations with Latin America)
7. U.S. and the immigration debate/ Immigrants and foreign policy
8. Ten Great Books to Understand America
NASA members can attend the lectures at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bezuidenhoutseweg 67, Den Haag, by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org o.v.v. lezing Scott Smith/Roberta Haar. Participation depends on the number of available places left after civil servants registration.
For more information mail NASA coordinator Hans Krabbendam at: